Don’t be fooled…these Apple Dumplings look difficult….. but they are soooooo easy! Just watch and see….
Apple Dumplings with Raspberry Sauce
- 6 Rome Beauty Apples (or other)
- 2 Packages refrigerated pie crust rolls (4 crusts total)
- 1 cube (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- Remove crusts from the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and core apples - cut the bottom of the apple about 1/4 inch so it will sit flat
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Fill the hollowed cores with the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon mixture
- Cut 3 of the crusts in half, roll each into a ball, knead until until mixed together
- Using a rolling pin, on a lightly floured surface (granite counter works great), roll out to about 8 inches in diameter (so it will cover the apple completely)
- Cut 6 small pieces of the remaining crust, about 1 1/2 inches square, place on the top of each filled apple, covering the core
- Place apple upside down in center of dough circle
- Carefully wrap and pinch dough around the apple making sure dough overlaps a the bottom
- Place apples, pinched side down, on a baking sheet
- Using a pastry brush, brush with egg wash (egg/water mixture)
- Using a sharp knife, cut out 12 leaves, "score" each leaf with a line down the center and marks to resemble leaves
- Roll 6 small pieces of dough to resemble stems, pinch and flatten at one end
- On top of each apple, place a "stem" and 2 "leaves"
- Brush leaves and stem with egg wash
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes until apples are soft and crust is golden
- Serve with
- *Raspberry Sauce and vanilla ice cream, if desired
I hope you will push out of your comfort zone and make these “Classy” Apple Dumplings! Remember, if you can dream it… You can do it….and I just showed you how! You can do this! Confidence comes with practice! You’ve heard the saying….If at first you don’t succeed….try, try, again!
Helping people gain confidence in the kitchen is my dream! I’ve put off doing this because I was scared 🙁 I may look confident but to be honest….putting myself out there like this is SCARY! I’m taking my own advice and just doing it!
My greatest desire is that you find your passion and “just do it”
Yours in living your passion,
2 Comments on How to make “Apple Dumplings” an Easy and Classy Dessert!
Comments are closed.
I am so going to make this. Thank you Suzi.
Hooray! I love that! You are sooooo welcome!