It doesn’t get much easier than this! You just crack some eggs, open a can, add a cup of this and a teaspoon of that, pour over chips and bake! Serve with Suzi’s – make it in seconds…taste like you slaved all day…Secret Salsa Hack
Recipe and directions are below:
Mexican Brunch Egg Casserole – Quick and easy!
Category Breakfast Quick recipes Recipes Snacks
- 1 dozen eggs
- 5-6 cups your favorite brand tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk - whole or 2% preferred
- 1 7 oz. can diced mild Fire Roasted green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded jack or cheddar cheese or combination of both, divided
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper (I used a few turns of fresh black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Coat a 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Pour chips into the baking dish
- Sprinkle one cup of the cheese over the chips
- Crack eggs into a medium size mixing bowl
- Add green chiles, milk, oregano, and pepper
- Beat with wire whisk or (electric mixer)
- Pour over the chips and cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes (eggs should be set, not jiggly)
- Top with remaining cheese
- Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes for cheese to melt
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving
- Serve with salsa, chopped green onions and fresh cilantro if desired
- Serves 6-8
4 Comments on Mexican Brunch Egg Casserole – Quick and easy!
Comments are closed.
I WILL make this. I love this blog! Thank you, Suzi.
Wow!!! This sounds absolutely amazing, with or without the chips!! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe, Suzi!!
This is so tasty! I’m so glad you brought it to work!! Loved it. Keep those recipes coming!
I’m so glad you liked it!